Student wellness and achievement starts with excellent nutrition. Well-nourished students perform better in the classroom. That is why Poudre School District is dedicated to providing healthy, nutritious meals in all school cafeterias. Check out our Child Nutrition Newsletter and our website https://www.psdschools.org/programs-services/school-meals for menu links, meal prices and department information.
Free Meals During the 2021-22 School Year
Thanks to an extension of the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s school district reimbursement program, PSD will once again offer free meals to any enrolled PSD student during the 2021-22 school year. Ala carte items will be sold at the secondary level. Cash will be accepted but no change will be given, all change will go on the student’s meal account. Please email refund requests to email@example.com and include your student’s name and ID number.
Families are encouraged to apply for Free and Reduced meals for the coming school year. Those who qualify for benefits are eligible for school fee/charge waivers, possible P-EBT payments, and their school will also receive additional student funding. Many community programs and businesses (City of Fort Collins Parks and Rec, Comcast, Fort Collins Soccer Club) also waive or reduce fees with proof of free or reduced meal eligibility.
Families can also apply for the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Emergency Broadband Benefit Program (FCC BB information) that provides a temporary discount on monthly broadband bills for qualifying households. A qualification is a household that is approved under the free and reduced school lunch or breakfast program.
Qualifying Students may Apply for Fees/Charges Waivers
Did you know? If your child is eligible for free or reduced-price meals in Poudre School District, you may also be able to take advantage of another fantastic benefit: waivers for some school fees and charges. To be eligible for these benefits, you must be approved to receive free or reduced-price meals and complete an additional form each school year.
- Free and Reduced-Priced Meal Application: Families can apply on-line at https://www.myschoolapps.com/Application or pick up a paper application at your child's school. Applications must be completed annually to stay registered for the program. Answers to frequently asked questions can be found here - Letter to Parents. Your child's free or reduced-price meal eligibility status is confidential.
- Once approved for free and reduced-priced meals, complete PSD’s Permission to Share Information for Fee Waivers and Programs to Receive Goods and Services Form. This form is available on-line through the PSD ParentVUE portal. Completing this form gives PSD's Child Nutrition Department permission to share your child's eligibility status with other district officials. These officials must also maintain confidentiality of your child's eligibility status. You must fill out the Permission to Share form each year.
Waivers are available for some but not ALL school fees and charges, including summer school tuition, extra-curricular activities and supplies, curricular supply costs and more.
After you submit the form and your child is approved, SchoolPay will automatically update fees/charges that are eligible for a waiver, displaying a $0.00 balance due once you proceed to checkout in SchoolPay.
SchoolPay is Poudre School District's online payment partner. SchoolPay allows convenient online payment to all Poudre School District fees. To set up an account, view meal activity, view balances or make payments visit https://psdschools.schoolpay.com. Purchase activity and balances are updated each evening.
Special Food Needs
For those families with students who require meal modifications, please read this Meal Modification Letter and follow the instructions included.
- Medical Statement for Meal Modification
- Dietary Preference Form for Meal Modification
- Discontinuation of Meal Modifications