Library Media Center Information
The mission of the Wellington Middle School Library Media Center is to provide our students, staff, and community a welcoming and innovative environment that invites and fosters high quality learning and instruction by providing excellent resources that enhance and expand individual learning styles, support school goals, give opportunities to practice 21st century skills, and inspire life-long learning.
Awards / Recognitions:
We are proud to announce that Mrs. Swanson, our Media Specialist, was notified that the Colorado Department of Education has named Wellington Middle School a Colorado Department of Education Highly Effective School Library Program School. This award is given to only a few schools in Colorado each year. Our library program will serve as a model to other libraries in the state who are working to improve their school library programs. Attaining Highly Effective Status is an honor that staff worked collaboratively on to improve student achievement through quality instruction using Colorado’s Academic Standards and 21st Century Learner Skills. The bar is intentionally set very high for this honor;we are very proud of Mrs. Swanson and all of our staff for the work on this award. Our school will retain this recognized status for three years.
Wellington Middle School was recognized at a ceremony celebrating our accomplishment of attaining highly effective status at an official Colorado State Board of Education Meeting at CDE in Denver.
7:30 A.M. - 3:30 P.M. (We are also open during all three lunch hours and during EAH, as well before and after school.)
* Books may be checked out for 2 weeks. (You may renew.)
* Reference materials may only be checked out over night.
* Kindles, book CDs, audiobooks, & Play-Aways may be checked out for 2 weeks.
* iPads and listening centers may be used during school hours.
* Cameras, camcorders, & laptops may be used during school hours.
* E-books may be checked out any time from school or home.
* Maker space area may be used during school hours (3-D printers, snap circuits, robots, etc.)
Our media center has computers with access to the Internet, the server, classroom applications, Blackboard, Student Vue, OPAC, printers,Google Classroom, and scanners. There is a PC computer lab attached to the media center used for researching, creating multimedia projects, word processing, practicing 21st century skills, and collaborating. In this lab we have 26 HP desktop computers, 2 color printers, 2 scanners, and a laser jet printer. We also have a wireless laptop lab, Interactive presentation boards, document cameras, and projectors available. Our maker space area has 3-D printers, electricity kits, robots, architecture kits, programming kits, art kits, Go Pro cameras, video centers, puzzle kits, VR sets, and more.
Our media center computers have many applications and tools available for student and staff use:
* Microsoft Office 2016 (Publisher, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word)
* PSD e-mail, Internet browsers, Reading Counts (Scholastic Book Talk program)
* Educational applications, online databases, collaboration tools, multi-media production applications, educational tools
Mary Swanson - (e-mail = firstname.lastname@example.org )
Teacher - Librarian
31 years teaching experience
Andrea Bock - (e-mail = email@example.com )
3rd year as an Eagle