Educational phases for 2020-21 school year
Poudre School District has a variety of educational phases to implement to best educate students while keeping safety as a top priority for students, staff and the community during the 2020-21 school year.
District and school leaders, following guidance and orders from Colorado Gov. Jared Polis, the Colorado Department of Education, the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, the Larimer County Department of Health and Environment and other public health and government officials, have developed four educational phases that allow the district to continue educating students while also adapting to the ever-changing COVID-19 pandemic. Student learning could be remote, remote with limited in-person interactions, a blend of in-person and remote learning, or fully in-person.
PSD is prepared to shift among phases throughout the year, as required or permitted by health officials and conditions.
PSD Virtual, a 100% online education option, will not shift among the district’s educational phases.
PSD shifting to hybrid learning
Because of recent positive trends in data reported by the Larimer County Department of Health and Environment and improvements in COVID-19 test results turnaround times (as of mid-September), PSD is moving to hybrid education with both in-person and remote learning.
PSD middle schools and the four comprehensive high schools will return to in-person learning in a Phase 3 hybrid model Oct. 19.
- Oct. 19 and 20 will be in-person transition days for sixth- and ninth-grade students.
- All other grades will be in remote education Oct. 19-20, and start in-person learning in Phase 3 Oct. 21.
In a Phase 3 model, the weekly schedule will look like this for secondary students at all grade levels (6-12):
- "A group" attends school Mondays and Wednesdays (full days) with remote learning Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays.
- "B group" attends school Tuesdays and Thursdays (full days) with remote learning Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
- Fridays are Teacher Collaboration Days - all students in remote learning
- Oct. 1 GHH Newsletter
- Update on preparations for shift to Phase 3 - Sept. 25
- PSD plans to move to hybrid education - Sept. 16
- Learn about the data and how PSD is working with community partners in this news item.
Phases to implement, depending on conditions and as permitted or required by health officials
We acknowledge imperfections exist within each phase due to many factors outside of the district's control. We believe nothing compares to a student’s experience of learning in school with their teachers and peers. We are committed to maintaining PSD’s high standards in all phases of education.
Decisions to implement phases are made with guidance from public health officials.
Schools are closed. Remote learning for all students.
2020-21 school year questions:
Please contact WMS first @ 970-488-6600. If you still have questions, email email@example.com.
PSD facility rental in 2020-21 questions: