Standards of Care for Diabetes Management in the School Setting & Licensed Child Care Facilities – Colorado 2022:
- 2022 Standards of Care: These standards of care for students with Type 1 Diabetes are to be used in conjunction with the Colorado Provider Orders (DMMP) & Individualized Health Plans (IHP). The student’s health care provider may indicate exceptions to these standards on the student’s individual orders. Standards of Care with highlighted changes/additions: 2022 Standards of Care with highlights
- Standards of Care in Spanish 2021: Spanish Standards of Care
- NOTE: The Barbara Davis Center will provide its own computer generated orders which align with the orders on this website. Additional school or district specific medication forms are unnecessary unless they contain additional information not specified here for this student’s diabetes care.
- 201-Provider-Orders-Injections 2020: Orders to be completed by healthcare provider for student receiving insulin by injection and/or oral medications
- 202-Provider-Orders-Pump-2020: Orders to be completed by healthcare provider for student receiving insulin by pump
- PROVIDER ORDER FORMS: The provider orders should be used in conjunction with the Final Standards of Care Aug 2021 The standards provide details regarding standard of care for students with diabetes in the school setting. NOTE: The student’s health care provider may indicate exceptions to these standards on the student’s individual orders. These Standards were developed in 2013 by the Colorado Kids with Diabetes Care and Prevention Collaborative of local health care providers, nurses and stakeholders.